Arabic Private Lessons (ARB)
Arabic Private Lessons can be booked at a time that suits you between Mondays and Fridays. Depending on your goal in the language, you may book for however long you need to reach that goal. The lessons are 45 minutes each, but you may book your teacher for 2 or 3 hours at a time if so required. For example, if you book your session from 14h00 until 15h30, it means that you have used up two of your lessons. Our Private Lessons can start on any day, so all you should do is book your course or get in touch so that we may arrange for you. The lessons take place at our language school in Cape Town or can be done at your venue, at the cost of a travel fee. The benefit of booking Private Lessons, is that you may cancel your lesson by giving us 24 hours’ notice. If the lesson is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will forfeit the lesson.
- Monday to Friday
- From 09h00 until 19h00
- Only 1 student
- Minimum 10 lessons of 45 minutes
- 24-hour lesson cancellation policy
Please note the information below are topics that are covered in the beginner’s level. As you progress through the various levels, the amount of knowledge you hold of the language will also increase:
- Greetings: name, age, job, nationality
- Numbers: 1-100 – spelling, pronunciation and drilling
- Alphabet: Names of letters
- Letter sounds: phonetics, vowel and consonant sounds. Combination sounds (digraphs)
- Days and Months: recite, write, drill
- The weather: What’s the weather like today?
- Classroom items: This/that, these/those – pen, pencil, table, chairs, whiteboard etc.
- Like/dislike: introduce activities – swimming, dancing, shopping, playing sports, watching TV, reading, running, cooking
- Restaurant conversation: Food and Beverage vocabulary – “Can I have…?” Restaurant role play.
- Telling the time: the hour, quarter past/after, half past (thirty), appointments, morning, afternoon, evening
- Action Verbs: can & can’t walk, eat, jump, run, sleep, play, talk, learn, fly, make, do, go
- Adjectives: big, small, tall, happy, sad, thin, beautiful, clever, friendly
- Present tense: routine vocabulary and truths/facts
- Past tense: basic introduction to tense and regular action verbs
If Arabic Private Lessons are not suitable for you, there are several other course options available. Please take a look at the following options:
- Arabic Full-Time Course
- Arabic Part-Time Course
- Arabic Crash Course
Whichever course option works for you, we are here to help you reach your goal in the language.
About the Lessons:
We will provide you the course material in the first lesson. This usually consists of a book and CD, and you will need to bring your own notebook and pens to class. As these are Private Lessons, you can advise if you don’t wish to use course material, or if you only want to practice a specific skill in the language, e.g. Speaking, Listening, Reading or Writing. At the end of your course, you will have to write an examination based on what you have covered in the lessons. Upon successful completion of the examination, you will be awarded a certificate. Our pass mark is set to 70%, so you must make sure that you study hard!
Private Lessons are best suited to those who cannot always determine their schedule. As lessons may be cancelled with more than 24 hours’ notice, you won’t necessarily lose out when life gets too busy. Besides scheduling and availability, Private Lessons also suit those who already have a foundation in the language, and who won’t fit into a Beginner’s course.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings